There are many steps you can take to get rid of a frozen Chromebook screen. Let’s have a look at those reasons that cause malfunction of Chromebook. You will learn to address them in this article.
Reasons behind frozen Chromebook screen
It is one of that lightweight laptop which runs Chrome OS. It is an operating system that was initially designed for working online. It works with Google Docs. Many companies make Chromebooks now. All of them run the same software, Chromebooks are prone to similar issues. Usually, they end up locked up, frozen, or they stop responding. It is mainly due to 2 reasons. It is because of the hardware and the software issue. Essential culprits for Chromebook freezing include:
- The currently running app.
- That plugged in device to Chromebook.
- Issues with Chrome OS.
- Hardware issues with Chromebook.
How to fix a Frozen Chromebook
- Take out external devices- If you are suffering from Chromebook frozen issue. If it has become unresponsive, then try to remove any of the external devices that are plugged in. They may be like the USB headphones or the drives. It will ensure that they aren’t causing any problem.
- Look for the error messages– Did you get a message of error when the device froze? Remember that message, write it down and search it in Google. You will get to know what can be done with it. Take help of Chrome OS Help Website for more guidance.
- Shut some apps– You have control over the mouse cursor even if the screen is frozen. Just hit Shift and Escape on the keyboard to get Chrome OS Task Manager. You will require to scan currently running applications and other pages of the web. When you found any that have been consuming so much of memory then tap on it, choose end task.
- Accomplish a reboot or shut down Chromebook– When you are not able to control the mouse cursor. Try to perform a hard reset. Just hold down Power key till the Chromebook gets off. On it again to open the task manager and see if apps are using so many resources. Try to uninstall them. Keep looking for newer apps. Choose column headers to get done with the app list.
- Unload the battery– If you are not able to turn off the battery then draw off your system of the power source. Give the CPU the time to cool down. Give at least three hours. Connect it to the charger again and turn on your device.
- Execute a hard reset– When the Chromebook is booting up, then perform a hard reset. Just hold down the Refresh+Power button for a minimum of 5 seconds. Chromebook’s hardware will get started with this simple restart. Users can lose some configuration preferences for the trackpad. You won’t lose files and the applications that are there in your folder of downloads.
- Do a factory reset– All of the methods mentioned above proved to be unsuccessful. Don’t worry, on the Chromebook, perform a factory reset.
- Take help of professionals– When you can’t fix it after all the attempts then there could be a problem with internal hardware. Check your device warranty and get professional help for free.